Mar 9, 2009

A Day Off

I heard a few months ago that there is only one country in the world that gets more school holidays than Bahrain. Lebanon. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I imagine that Bahrain is near the top of the list.

Such hard lives that Alison and I live.

Today is the Prophet Mohamed's birthday, so today is a holiday. Alison and I slept in, ate pancakes, went to the gym, and I am now sitting in the facility's lounge area, using free, unlimited internet (I have cap on the gigabytes I can download each month at home). I am currently downloading all the NPR, How Stuff Works History Stuff, and LOST video podcasts I can in the time that I have.

In other news, I've joined the world wide web in other ways. I've started a class website. I haven't debuted the site to my students yet, but that will come soon enough. There's a schedule for them to follow for tests and major assignments, important documents and a link to a discussion blog (which will be part of their assignments). There are even a countdown to graduation!

This is my third attempt at some sort of online interaction. We'll see if it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment