Jul 31, 2011

An Empty House

It's been a busy summer for us.  For 8 weeks in a row, we had visitors in our house.  Starting June 1st, my youngest brother, David, was here doing a project for Al Raja.

Uncle David looking cool with Eva. 


David and I discovered that its apparently ok to purchase supplies from one company and then put your own logo over them. 
After 4 weeks, my parents joined us - so all 5 adults and two children were under the same roof.  Fortunately, some friends here are letting us use their house for the summer while they are away from Bahrain.  We're calling it our staycation.  We had a fantastic time with David and my parents.


After 6 weeks with David and two weeks with my parents, they all left, and Alison's mom, Janet came for another two weeks!  She played with Eva, held Gabe and we all had a great time.

You'll notice that all four are wearing the required Michigan State University apparel. Alma Mater for both Alison and her mom.  Go Green!
Now our big summer home is empty.  But that's alright. It's amazing to think that I've only got about four more weeks till I need to be back at school.

However, the next month will still be busy, I'm sure.  Ramadan starts tomorrow, which means our Muslim friends fast from dawn until dusk, and then celebrate by breaking the fast with family and friends.  I'm sure I'll have a couple of posts about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment