Jun 25, 2013

Happy Birthday Alison!

Today, Alison turns 30, a milestone.  Happy Birthday!  In honor of her (and my) passing of any semblance of being young, hip, and cool, I would like to pay homage to Alison's wild and crazy days - when she was in high school.  Apparently she was quite the concert go-er, seeing all the big names of the christian music scene in the mid to late nineties.  She saw Supertones four times in concert.  I think I WENT to four concerts in my entire middle/high school concert career.  She knew all the music, saw all the latest music videos.

But you know what makes someone REALLY hard core?  Not just attending a concert. Not just seeing a music video.  Being IN the music video.

That's right, my friends.  Alison was IN a music video.  A Newsboys video, to be precise.  "Love, Liberty, Disco", to be precisely precise.  The video is at the bottom, and you can make her out at 3:28 - left center, about 2/3 of the way up.  A blond chic hopping up and down.  You can't see it at the real time - you actually have to pause it at 3:27 or so, and go through frame by frame (use the space bar to unpause/pause quickly).


You would think that something like this would be first date material.  But lo, Alison has kept it from me for almost 6 years.  Its as if she was waiting for a poetic moment to tell me one of the big highlights of her youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment