Jul 17, 2006

The Trick to Getting a Date (compliments of a dear friend)

1. Go over seas.
That one's easy. I'll be leaving for the great country of Bahrain somewhere between August 16 -19, and I will be over there till at least June 2007. The school I will be at, Sanabil Private School, pays for my airfare back to the states for the summer. Sweet candy cracker!

2. Contract a disease.
Ok, so this one probably won't be as fun, but sometimes sacrifices need to be made. It may be a tough one, too. Bahrain is a fairly modern and western country, and while the Center for Disease Control lists several diseases and subsequent precautionary measures for travelers to take, the actual danger is pretty low.

So I'll have to work extra hard on this step.

3. Come back to the states and wait for the women to flock to me.
Since I'm gone for about 10 months, I'll need to time this one just right. But I've observed that when one is sick, the individual will be asked on dates and given phone numbers left and right.

As my father once said, "Once you are out of college, it becomes much harder to find a wife." (and as my former roomate countered - "So once I've left college I'm home free?") Now that I have graduated from Northwestern College, I need all the help I can get.

************************

But I guess my focus on finding a wife can wait. For now I am working on curriculum development, attempting to figure out international finances, and waiting for my plane tickets and work visa to arrive. But I'll talk about that another time. For now, I'll let you digest the three steps to getting a date.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you find such amazing inspiration for such a scheme?

Anonymous said...

wow. I'm assuming this all comes from first-hand experience--???
how will you choose between the inevitable swarm?!

let me guess the roommate: jeremy.

anyway...hey josh. i'm glad i found your blog.

Anonymous said...

any one who would deny you must be out of the freaking mind.

Post a Comment