Aug 14, 2009

British Air: Deep Abyss of Satan's Lair

Summer Score For British Air:

Bags Checked: 6
Bags Lost: 6
Bags Returned: 1

British Air has been in rare form. Or normal form, as I'm learning. I never thought that it could be this bad. British Air lost all of our bags on the way to the US back in June - including all of Alison's maternity clothes. A few days later, I got MY suitcase back, but Alison was still wearing the same shirt and pants. We did eventually have to go out and buy Alison a whole bunch of clothes.

Fast forward to today.

We check in 4 bags. 1 is a guitar. The other three are suitcases filled with our clothes and all sorts of goodies for the baby like clothes, toys, bath items, and a few personalized gifts from Alison's baby shower. Alison even spread out all of our clothes and baby items evenly between each of the three suitcases just in case one got lost. That way, we would still have clothes to live in until the lost bag returned. But no - all four bags were lost. All that work for nothing (and the guitar is lost as well).

And its not just that our bags didn't make it on the plane, and they know they are sitting in London. No - they completely don't even know where the bags are. Don't even know. Incompetence at it's worst. THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE BAGS ARE!! How are they still in business?! Because one thing is for sure - I won't fly them again. I'm not even sure I would fly them if they gave us tickets, unless we weren't checking any bags.

In related news - apparently British Air and US Consular (immigration division) are demon-cousins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

J-Rock!

Glad to hear you're on your way back or, alternatively, back, depending on your physical-temporal-spatial situation. I like making up words. I'm living in Al Khobar just on the other side of the causeway at the moment, working like mad and all that, but I can generally find a ride to Bahrain on the weekends! Could I crash a game of Settlers?

--O

Alicia Pashby said...

You know what Chris Pashby says? "Life's a bitch, what are you going to do? Shit happens." Yeah, I know, sounds a bit New York, but it's totally true!

Post a Comment