Oct 21, 2009

Google, Packers and the End Times

I love Google. Some people think that Google will someday take over the world and control us all (does this mean they are the anti-christ!? One world government!?). They might be right, but to be honest - I would be alright with that. Google's stated goal is to organize the entirety of information on our planet. This is quite a project, and they have already got in trouble when they started to upload books onto "google books". Of course, the copyright holders started coming forward to protest the illegitimate use of their works.

In general, though, the idea of putting as many books online - and making them searchable - isn't a bad idea, at least if the content isn't in violation of copyright laws. Google has also started to map Bahrain, and quite frankly, has the best maps of Bahrain that I have yet to see. Most of the maps made and published here are out of date or simply incomplete.

In fact, Google makes it very easy to organize all of MY information - which I'm sure makes the conspiracy theorists even more nervous. I use their finance section to keep track of our investments, their sites to manage my school website for students, upload and manage my pictures, share and collaborate on documents relating to work projects, use the calendar application to create a calendar on my school website, upload my own videos, and gmail for my email. In fact, I look forward to the day that Google buys out Facebook and integrates that to their network. It would be complete the last schism.

But the most recent reason that I love Google is because of youtube. In my last post, I mentioned there are some things I don't get, and one of those few things is Green Bay Packer football (American football, mind you). However, some blessed soul has decided to upload the highlights for each NFL game every week. I'm not sure if it breaks some sort of copyright, but I don't think so. Its not quite as good as the whole game, but I'm not complaining.



In other news about the signs of the times - see how Jesus gave us the name "Barak Obama" as the anti-christ. Oh puh-lease.

2 comments:

Steponic's Economics said...

Why didn't you give us the link to the UPDATED more DETAILED and more COMPELLING version of this film?

Andrea said...

Geez Louize. People like that should be...well, something.

Post a Comment