May 30, 2011

Virtual Wedding Guests

This last weekend, my brother Stephen got married to Jenn!  Unfortunately, we couldn't be there.  I was really disappointed.  They offered to postpone the wedding till we could be there, but that wouldn't have been until Summer 2012.  No one wants to wait another year to get married!

HOWEVER, we were still able to 'attend' via Skype!  That's right, my dad set up a computer in the wedding hall (that already had wireless) and Alison and I got up at 1:30am to watch the festivities.  I was able to connect the computer to the TV as we stumbled out of bed and headed for the couches.  The computer on the other end was set up so we could see the bridal party and, most importantly, the bride and groom.  As Stephen and Jenn walked out at the end, I think they could see the computer.  I gave them a thumbs up, though I'm not sure that they could see it.  I didn't stay up for the rest of the festivities (I still had to be up for work the next day).

It's only been a couple of days since the wedding, so there aren't very many photos. In fact, this one is the only one I could find.  I'm sure more will pop up.

Congratulations, Stephen and Jenn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment