Aug 7, 2006

A Director is Born

I have told some of you about the film project that my little brother was working on. Here is what a movie poster would look like if there was one.

He has been workin on this movie, "His Quiet Voice" for about 8 months now. The script is based on a book my dad wrote, but David did all the film work. He and my dad found actors in the church to donate time, the largest hospital in Houston let them film the emergency room and hospital scenes in their facilities, people let him borrow professional grade cameras, lighting equipment and sound equipment, and he used professional grade film editing software in the post production. My mom and other brother, stephen, did the music. I, however, win the award for "most likely to be left out of a family production".

The final product was really good. About 250 people came to the release party we had last night. People really liked it. The story really forces people to come to terms with death, loneliness and bitterness.

He has sent this film into a christian film festival in San Antonio, and he'll know in September if he made it in or not. I'd be surprised if he didn't.

Someday, when he's famous, you can pull out this sweet movie trivia and say "I know David Perkins' first film." People will be astounded at your depth of knowledge. And then you can say, "I know his brother". People will be amazed at your connections.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how can we get a copy of this great film? Tell your brother congrats! And your parents hello from me. How are you bro? When do you leave for Bahrain?

Kristina said...

I wish i could have seen it =/

Post a Comment