Aug 1, 2006

Journey 1 (of 2)

If you would direction your attention to the right, you will notice a map detailing my drive from Minnesota to Houston, TX.

Travel info according to Google Maps:
1258 miles
22 hours, 20 minutes
no known detours

Actual Travel info:
1320 miles
23 hours, 15 minutes
1 detour (apparently I DON'T know more than
the map)

I left around 2am on Wednesday morning from Woodbury, and drove for 23 hour strait. I arrived at my parents house around 1:15 am on Thursday morning. Yes, I was nuts. Yes, it was long. I listened to books on tape ("A wrinkle in time", "109 East Palace Dr"), which made it seem like a 6 hour drive.

I was fine for the most part. Once the sun came up, I didn't feel too tired. However, around hour 22, things got... interesting.

As I was driving through Houston, I saw a large tree branch in the middle of the highway, in my lane. I stared harder, trying to decide if it was really there, and I become more and more convinced. At the last second, I swirved out of the branch AND IT DISAPPEARED!! I was starting to hallucinate. This happened two more times. It was at this point that I started to think it would have been better to call my parents to have them pick me up and drive the rest of the way (I was only 20 minutes away).

But that's what a SISSY would have done. So I decided to man it up and drive the rest of the way. My masculinity was saved once again.

Don't try this at home, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment