Aug 14, 2006

August 24, 2006 - Departure Has Arrived

Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis is leaving the building. I finally got the date for my departure, a scant two weeks before the actual date. To be honest, I was starting to get a tad nervous. I even had a dream a few days ago that I got my ticket merely two hours before my flight left. I was scrambling to get my things together before my flight left.

Now that the departure date is real, this whole thing is starting to feel a little bit more real. And that means doing a little more studying, a little more lesson planning (or, maybe starting lesson planning), and starting to create a list of things I need to bring.

But lets be honest. Most nights I go to bed and tell myself - I need to start lesson planning tomorrow. Most mornings I wake up and... watch star trek (yes, for those of you unware, I am a trekkie). But what can I say? The last season of Deep Space 9 is fascinating, being modeled after World War II!!

But with a mere 11 days before I leave (holy crap!) I'll be working a smidge more diligently. After that I'll be on a plane to Amsterdam, spend nine hours there, and catch a 6 hour flight to Manama, the capital city of Bahrain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The capital of Bahrain is "your mama"?? Oh, how unfortunate... Oooppss, I mean Manama!! Hee... let me know how those lesson plans are coming!

Post a Comment