Dec 2, 2006

Thanksgiving in Bahrain

One of the great things about Bahrain is that there are so many expats (ex-patriots) here. Thus, when thanksgiving rolled around, I had an awesome time with a bunch of Americans (and some non-Americans) from church.

Now, I wasn’t expecting anything all that fancy, but it was awesome. I wish I could show you pictures. There were about 30 people at this house, sitting at this massive table (which was really multiple tables put together), with all of the traditional thanksgiving favorites. Green Bean casserole, corn pudding, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce. They even scoured the island for two REAL turkeys – I’m not quite sure where they got them from. We then watched a hilarious production put on by the kids – a charming story about an inept maid who puts the repairman in the toilet, scrubs the floor with butter and cooks the baby (it was kind of morbid at the end).

No comments:

Post a Comment