Dec 15, 2006

To Agree or Not Agree

Check out this article on Christianity. Are they spot on?

In other news - our winter break has officially started! No more school, no more books! No more giving dirty looks!

On Monday morning I'll be leaving on a jet plane for Istanbul in Turkey. Who knows what I'll be doing - I haven't figured that out yet. But I do know that I'm meeting a friend, and we'll be renting mopeds at some point. And I will return to Bahrain after about 2 1/2 weeks. Fun will be had by all.

And what about Christmas? I'm not sure yet. I'm sure I'll be in some po-dunk hostel somewhere in Lycia eating pb&j drinking bottled water. I'm not even sure anyone will be celebrating Christmas. Most people are either Muslim or Orthadox Christian.

To be honest, I don't even feel like I'll be missing Christmas, mostly because there are no cues. Now, a few of the stores are selling Christmassy items - like Santa Clauses or wreaths or something. But the city isn't in winter decoration, tv stations aren't bombarded with adds for the latest Christmas sale, and most importantly - there's no snow. I still feel like its september. BUT - it has been getting colder. So while the kids are bundled up in winter gear, they look in awe as I walk around in my regular shirt and tie. "This is a warm summer day for me!" The best thing is, they believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment