Jun 22, 2009

The Last Week of School

I think I mentioned last week that we are on our last leg of the school year. Last week, the students finished up exams, and us teachers have finished grading the exams and have since turned in the grades. So if all that was done last week, what are we doing this week? Well, in a day or two the report cards will be printed, and we'll be stuffing envelopes with report cards, but until then, there hasn't been a whole lot to do. Some administrative work and organizational work, but Alison and I largely finished that last week.

However, we have been working on something far more important: Settlers of Catan. This board game can be described as a mix of monopoly and risk. I played it in college, and Alison and I have gotten hooked on it this year. We've been playing at least two games every day at school. I've won a few games, Alison has won a few, and in general its been a good time. I've even started tracking the statistics of how many times each number gets rolled. Should be very interesting.

Alison and I will be bringing this game with us this summer, so we'll be able to play it all throughout the summer. Good times are a comin'!

2 comments:

Steponic's Economics said...

Check out the official computer version from our buddy Klaus. I don't have a live-in Catan opponent, so I downloaded it last night. :-)

I've played 5 games so far. The computer players are pretty bright, actually.

http://www.cms.playcatan.com/

Anonymous said...

Russ you rock, checking that out later. Thanks for the link.

That being said, assuming fair dice, the statistics for the dice are simple and are accurately represented the the dots under the roll numbers.

Post a Comment