Jul 4, 2009

A New Direction

Many people already know this, but some do not. I will be experiencing a little bit of a job change this next year. I have resigned from my position at Al Raja (where I was teaching history and economics). On the one hand, this is very sad, as I have really enjoyed teaching the students at this school as well as working with the staff. I will miss them a lot.

I will now be working at our church I attend as the Community Relations Coordinator. This will be a part time job, and my responsibilities will revolve around helping coordinate different events that the church puts on. I'm really looking forward to it. However, as it is part time, I will also be teaching English at one of the local English institutes. There are a lot of great things that will come about with all of this - including a little bit of flexibility for when the baby comes.

In other news, we have been in the US for about a week now. Today is independence day, and if you wish, you can read about my thoughts on celebrating this day here. Had a great breakfast made by my brother-in-law and his wife, played some tennis and then we'll head to church tonight where Alison will be able to see some friends. Its going to be an action packed summer, and you can track all of our travels here.

Unfortunately, Alison still doesn't have clothes. British Air lost a whole truckload of luggage, including mine and Alison's bags. A few days ago, they found mine and delivered it to the house we are staying at. However, they still have not found Alison's bag. Hopefully this will translate into an upgrade of seats for us on the way back to Bahrain. We'll play the you-lost-the-bag-of-a-pregnant-woman-and-made-her-suffer card.

No comments:

Post a Comment