Jan 16, 2010

Academic Earth

I have been publicly accused of blogging only about my daughter, my wife and famous economists.  Its time I struck back.  With a fury.  I will not stand by and allow my good name to be bludgeoned.  While my blogs do pertain to them more than any other single subject, I would like to refute that ALL I blog about is my wife and child.  See here, here, and here.   So today I thought I'd share something that I've found and am currently enjoying.

I've found a website called Academic Earth.  Its a fantastic website that has video lectures on a variety of subjects from some of America's most prestigious universities:  Yale, Harvard, Standford, etc.  Sometimes it is a single lecture, and other times it is a whole semester of lectures from the professors themselves.  And its not pirated.  Rather, this project is approved and encouraged by the universities themselves.

I've not viewed a whole lot for lack of time, but I have read some of the transcripts for the Introduction to Psychology course, and have just watched the first two lectures of the Game Theory course (economics related).  Its always fascinating, and the professors have a bit of wit about them.  So for your perusal, I thought I'd include the lecture I just watched from the Game Theory course.




Watch it on Academic Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment