Feb 4, 2010

Hiccups. Because I'm one of "those" parents.

I thought that I would be 'normal' around my own child.  I think I always looked my nose down on those parents who oohed and ahhed over how cute their child was.  How sweet their child was.  How amazing their child was.  How fast their child was developing.  I mean, really. Your child is slightly below average on the cute scale.

However, I am finding that I myself am one of "those" parents.  Everything is cute.  Every new thing is amazing.  She is the most beautiful, smart child one could ever hope for.  Her development is WELL above average, and I have expectations of grandeur.  Last night as we went to bed, Eva was sleeping on her side, with one arm draped over her head.  SO CUTE!! Yeah, I know.  Somewhat pathetic.

So I present to you a video.  A video of Eva hiccuping.  Because, yes, I am one of THOSE parents.


4 comments:

Auntie Liz said...

too cute!

Beth said...

Love, love!

Steponic's Economics said...

Ok -- since my "cuuuute" comment got deleted, maybe this one will make it through the censor.

Statistical evidence that you are indeed "one of THOSE parents":

Blog Posts since 30 May 2009, when you announced Alison's pregnancy:

11 primarily about the baby
28 not primarily about the baby


Blog posts since 2 January 2010, when Eva was born:

6 primarily about Eva
5 not primarily about Eva

We'll see how the stats hold up over the years...

Alicia Pashby said...

I couldn't see the video! It was too long for YouTube!

Post a Comment